Friday, March 13, 2009

French Talk

My best friend called this morning (not really morning, it was almost embarrassingly late actually) while I was halfway asleep. She asked if I knew how to pronounce a certain French name, as she had to make a phone call to France and wanted to be as accurate as possible. I had German as third language in school, and the only French I know is kissing. But if it had been me I'd just Google, and that I told her as I leaned over and switched on the computer. We continued the chat for a while, then I said: "Listen here". She laughed out loud, and was truly amazed that I was online even before I had my first coffee. "I'm so glad the Net isn't a place you can move to, but if you suddenly disappear one day and I can't find you, at least I know where to look!"

And if there were no computers I'd just move into an encyclopedia; can easily picture myself setting up camp between gayageum and mizzenmast.

Over to something completely different: for the first time I've taken a liking to a song from the Eurovision Song Contest, perhaps 'cause I didn't know it was from the show. This is one of the Swedish finalists, and I heard it on the radio this morning.

No comments: