Sunday, June 20, 2010

Working Week

I'm now well into the habits of a single, working woman. Leaving home early in the morning, and not seeing the house again until late in the evening. After work there's a lot going on as well, and this week has been "crazy". Monday to Thursday all had after work activities - dinners, birthday celebrations, courses. And a super finish on Friday with a nigh out with my super buddy. Friday even became Saturday before I saw my own bed again, and the rest of that day I was pretty washed out. Can't drink that much without consequences. Of all kinds. On the other hand I'm no fan of blaming stuff on alcohol, and more importantly, didn't do anything wrong.

Today I've been a lot more "awake", and I even had a walk to the local shop for some lemon, cherry tomatoes and Greek yogurt, which I needed for the dinner. Made a whole roasted chicken with garlic and lemon, potatoes, and cherry tomatoes with basil. Very nice, and with the rest of yesterday's wine it was almost perfect.

Now we (my daughter and I) are rounding off the week watching Psycho. John Gavin and Vera Miles are just signing in to the hotel, trying to solve the mystery with Marions disappearance. And soon I'm off to bed. Hopefully get a good nights sleep that'll fix my sore neck. I'm stiff like a pole, wonder what I've been doing?

2 comments:

Toril said...

My dear friend, you sound very happy and content, and that makes me smile :))) You derserve all of it and a lot more!! We'll have to catch up next week, after Durham, and before I go back up north to take care of my very sick mother :)

Keep smiling!!

Karin said...

Well, things change fast... but it's not all bad either. ;) And we should definitely catch up ASAP. :) Give me a call when you're back!