Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Very Late Summer Holiday

Good things come to those who wait, I think the saying goes, and this little post is just to reassure anyone who doubt it.

Today I finished my essay. We were supposed to write 1800 words, and when I counted after the final stop it came to a total of 1813 words. That’s pretty darned accurate, I’d say! If this turns out to be one of the two papers I decide to hand in for my exam it’s going to be doubled, but that won’t be a problem either, I already know were it’s week and needs more support. So far, so good, and now I think I’m aloud to relax for the remainder of my stay here back in Sweden.

I still haven’t told you what I’ve been waiting for. But if you know where I usually live you’ve prabably guessed it already. Yes, summer. We didn’t get that in Bergen this year, not much anyway, and I didn’t go anywhere either. (I spend the whole “summer” preparing to move, packing boxes with china and old shoes.) So this weekend I headed for my old homecountry and a familygathering, and as bonus the weather turned out to be absolutely gorgeous. Even if it’s late September it’s not only sunny, but quite warm as well, which is a bit unusual. A nice autumnday could otherwise be somewhat nippy.

As I sat here earlier today working on my essay, I frequently took breaks and looked out the window. The wiew offered pure serenity, the cow and her calves grassing, a heard of sheep in the distance and the farmer out there too, moving stones. You can’t do that in a hurry!

Now I can hear Van Morrison on the radio and the coffe brewing, and I even think there will be some vintage Barbados rum with that steaming cup. Sounds good, doesn’t it? I’ll have one for you too... To really emphasize how quiet and relaxed this is, I have to tell you that this post was written days ago, saved on my laptop to later be brought back to civilization and broadbandconnections.

Mañana, mañana

4 comments:

Karin said...

I'm not sure, if I actually would like to live in Sweden. I've been here so long and most of my friends are here too. This is where I really grew up, you could say...

Karin said...

Not yet, I'm going to Trondheim next week to have a look at it. Cross your fingers!!! We really want this one.

Karin said...

Absolutely, I'll send an SMS.

Karin said...

You're right, one could live quite happily there for a while. We'll have to see, and it still remains to see if we get it. On the other hand I just relized that even if we don't, we'll just keep looking for something similar. Sometimes things just seem so simple, don't they?