Thursday, September 29, 2005

Acceptable Behaviour?

I'm making a poll here, so please, please, PLEEEASE, help me out. I'm going to tell you a short story and I need you to tell me if I'm wrong when I find some of the people in the story behaving unacceptably. There will be no names or anything, my interest here is merely my own satisfaction in knowing that I have the majority behind me. So here's the story:

A teenager walked into the livingroom where he found his fathers new woman busy painting. She hadn't yet decided if she was going to move in with them, but she was there for the weekend anyway. The son asked her what she was doing. Not that he couldn't see that, but he just had to hear it from her.

"We're painting this table. You'll get it back once we've bought a new one."

The boy left the house flabbergasted, to see his friends.

You see, this is the clue. The table belonged to the teenager, and I think what the father and his woman did, by entering the room of the 17-year-old and get the table, usually is called theft. The father is probably of a different opinion and is most likely to call this act borrowing. So who's right? Am I blind who can't seem to find an excuse good enough for stealing from your children? And mind you, they certainly could afford buying a new coffetable straight away. Some people don't have to wait for the next paycheck.

PS. I've recently found out that some of you new to the blogging-world doesn't know that you too can have your saying. If you only read my blog it's understandable 'cause as always I couldn't resist the temptation to fix and alter things. Usually direct under each post it says Comments which is sort of obvious, but in my blog you have to pinch me back. Get it?

No comments: