Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Matured And Full Bodied - Or Too Late?

Last autumn I bought a bottle of wine at the airport which I had plans to share with someone. The occasion never came, and this bottle has been sitting there on my kitchen counter for over half a year now. All on his own. In the meantime there have been other bottles and bags passing my kitchen, but this one has been left. Saved for that special moment. But now I wonder: is it too late? Has it gone sour? This is a SeƱorio de los Llanos Gran Reserva 2000, and it should stand some storage if the conditions are right. Which I'm not so sure they've been.

Anyhow, if it's not consumed very soon it'll definitely be wasted, so my plan is to try it this weekend. Company or not. And if I have to drink all on my own, I'll get wasted...

No comments: