Friday, September 25, 2009

Rock Chick

Is that what you would call me? No, maybe not. But you should never judge a book by its cover, right? Not that I necessarily would liked to be called Rock Chick. Just that I'm these days are tuning in to my new favorite channel as soon as I'm alone in the car - Bandit Rock - and turn the volume up real high. In my teenage years I used to listen quite a lot to heavy stuff, like Motörhead, AC/DC and Krokus. Eventually I grew out of it though; I think hard rock appeals mostly to younger people due to its intensity and energy, something we old folks can't follow. Joking aside, my current mood goes perfectly together with heavier rhythms like the ones from Dead by April (a band from my home town, Gothenburg), and I can feel the beat running through my whole body when they play the song "Losing You". Whenever it's on I get a little carried away...

7 comments:

Libertè ;) said...

You can surely be a rock chick. Age is not a number (hopefully) - it's a feeling. Rock on.

Karin said...

True, it's not about age, and I can possibly feel like a Rock Chick. But I'm not sure though, I'd want to embarrass the rest of the world with me trying to look like one. Try a Google image search, and then picture me like that! Or maybe that would be an excellent idea, after all? Could start out with a private session, testing it out. And it might be the perfect outfit for that new club in Oslo. I'm sure you've heard about it too...

Libertè ;) said...

Quite interesting to see what shows up using google to search for rock chick... ;))
New club in Oslo? No, sorry - no bells are ringing...(?)

Karin said...

And I thought you were there only for the reader forum... ;) ;) ;)

Erica said...

Ditto on the google search, quite interesting indeed! ;) I wasn't aware of an 'official' rock chick look, learn something new everyday! :) Nothing wrong with 'dispelling the myths of age'. Keeps the world interesting....ROCK ON...... :)

Karin said...

And maybe I should kick-start it by getting a new tattoo? I am actually considering it... :)

Erica said...

Good for you! I feel tattoos are a way to 'mark' how far you've come on your life journey - the reason I'm going to have mine redone. A tattoo can symbolize so much and no one ever needs to know what they really mean.