Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Last Post Before I Leave

This happened a couple of weeks ago; I caught a glimpse of something beautiful and got an image in my head which I'll treasure for a long time, if not forever.

A crisp and chilly morning I was on my way home to a friend of mine, to do some ceramics. (Or rather, she's doing the ceramics, I'm just playing with the clay. Which is very pleasant and relaxing in itself, even if I don't get any "result" out of it.) Anyway, I drove past this old couple standing on the frosty sidewalk, I guess they both were well into their eighties. Most likely they were on their way to the grocer's, judging by the wheeled shopping bag standing next to them. The old lady was holding on to the railing while her husband was kneeling down in front of her, tying her shoelaces. Can you see it? That image said so much about life, or how it should be.

And for the rest of us there's always Velcro.

3 comments:

Toril said...

Hi there Gorgeous! Meeting a young Canadian girl after work tomorrow. Want to come along? Thought you may need a change of sceenery by now, and Moliere may be the place to go ;)

Karin said...

I'd love to, but have to be at my daughter's school from 5 pm. Preparations for the Christmas fair...

Get together next week, maybe? (It's Gløgg-time soon, you know.)

Karin said...

PS. Gorgeous, right?