Monday, February 08, 2010

Shake That Body

Had quite an active day today; up early and wrote a job application which I intended to deliver in person. (Since last date was Saturday, and I found out then I couldn't apply electronically.) That went well, at least they accepted my letter. From there I walked in and out of shops, just browsing for nothing. Grabbed a quick bite, and payed Toril a visit. Lovely Toril, how good to see her. Hopefully we can enjoy a longer lunch together, sometime in a near future.

The main focus for the day though, was this Kundalini meditation
led by a fellow Angelos therapist. Absolutely fantastic! This is an active meditation (to put it mildly...), and it's also useful to work it through with a kind of purpose in mind. Today's inspiration was joyous creativity.

So you start of with 15 minutes of shaking, and quoting Osho: "When I say shake, I mean your solidity, your rock-like being should shake to the very foundations so that it becomes liquid, fluid, melts, flows. And when the rock-like being becomes liquid, your body will follow. Then there is no shake, only shaking. Then nobody is doing it; it is simply happening. Then the doer is not." And my body was shaking...

Next 15 minutes of dancing, which is carried out very much in the same way. You become the music and your body moves the way it wants. I felt sand under my feet and heard the tribe chanting. I smiled. Happily. And now I have this strong urge to take up belly dancing.

Then another 15 minutes, now sitting in silence and letting everything in. Whatever that is. Many impressions, thoughts and ideas rushed through my head. Suddenly I saw myself as from above, saw the right side of my face like I was looking down on me. Like I was someone else. For a second I knew I was. And could it even have been a simultaneous interchange? Did someone else look at himself at the same time? Strange experience, and I know only a few who can read this without discarding me as a little loopy.

After this three quarter of an hour, we continued to stay "within our selves" but now in a more active state, doing whatever we felt like. It was time for expressions, and they can emerge in many forms. Writing, drawing, painting, singing perhaps. I didn't know how I'd react, but suspected words would come out. But I was surprised as I had more of pictures and images in my head. I got a piece of paper from Grethe and started to draw.

A strange creature it was. Before anything else I saw his wings, but he was more than an eagle. He had a human appearance, with arms and a man's torso. His lower body was like a horse's hind part, and his tail was long and flowing. He came descending from the sky, and I couldn't stop watching. As I afterwards told the others about my vision, one said: "I'm thinking future, present and past, captured in one being." Mmm, that makes sense. Think I like that.

3 comments:

Erica said...

What a wonderful experience! And certainly not loopy! ;) Enjoy...

Karin said...

Well, you don't see any odd about this, but that's only 'cause you're one of the few... :)

Erica said...

Yes, I am one of the few.... As my daughter likes to point out - I don't 'live in the box' like the rest of the world! Not so bad out here is it?! ;)