Wednesday, May 09, 2007

For The Umpteenth Time - On Blogging


Am I here or not?


When I first started out this blog quite a few people who knew me (or thought they did) were rather surprised by me, and what I was writing about, not to mention my style of writing. I "chose" to be very open, and I have been warned more than once that it might not be such a good idea to reveal so much of myself. Well, to me, this blog has been very self centered and often served merely as a safety valve to let out steam. And it has worked too, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be standing so "upright" as I am now if it hadn't been for my writing here. Some have asked me if I really have to publish my thoughts to web, why not just write and save it on the hard disk? I think, writing publicly keeps me on my toes, it makes me concentrate more. And to be honest, I do feel good when someone recognize what I'm doing...

Anyhow, one of my "guardians" used to call me (at least in the beginning of my blogging career), every time I shared a little too much of my sadness and frustrations here in the blog. I told her than that she needn't to worry until I "went missing", that as long as I was writing I was fine. It's when I'm not writing I'm really depressed. Again I feel I have to correct myself, you see, judging by my poor attendance on the blog I should be locked up in a secure environment! This time though, it hasn't so much to do with being busy writing my assignment (although that is exactly what I should be doing...), but more with me being busy living. And how wonderful isn't that!

I'm pretty sure I'll write more, either here or somewhere else, but right now? Too much going on, don't have time to sit down. And when I do I rather play around with PhotoShop, I'm confident that I'll someday have use for knowing how to turn pictures into a preset brush!!!

2 comments:

Toril said...

Very good post here, Karin! I know how writing goes, sometimes there is so much to write about, and other times it's quiet - very quiet :)

Love the picture, keep feeling self absorbed as I believe it's making you feel happy!! And you know what? Self absorbed isn't such a bad state of mind while other self indulging activities are, like self-centered or selfish!!

Keep on living and smiling ;)

Karin said...

But this is quite funny, 'cause this time I actually do have a lot to write about, but don't how or if I should at all. Or as I said before, maybe I'll have to find a new way of expressing myself?

And thanks, I will keep on smiling and living. Feels good...