Monday, April 30, 2007

Blue Eyes

Don't you all have those "special songs"? The one's that carries certain memories, songs that make you think of a specific moment or person? I have quite a few, some really old which actually have gotten additional or even whole new meanings along the way, and other's that still are a bit painful to listen to, reminding me of dishonesty and betrayal. Or a broken heart. Yet other's make me smile although the one I shared the song with no longer is in my life. Just a sweet memory.

And then there's this one. First time I heard it, or at least the first time I really listened to it, somehow it made me feel like it was "my song". I could listen to over and over again, and I cried, knowing that I had no one to share it with. Well, technically I had, still married as I was, and I wished he would "sing" those words to me, but that's just the point, isn't it? You can't force a moment like that, when that piece of music turns into something magical. So there I sat, lonely, and the tears were running down my face...

I haven't listened to it for quite a few years now (I only had it on tape! How old fashioned...), but somehow it resurfaced to my memory, and I found it on YouTube. Crappy video, but the song is still nice. And vacant...



Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a deep blue sea
On a blue blue day
Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
When the morning comes
I'll be far away
And I say

Blue eyes
Holding back the tears
Holding back the pain
Baby's got blue eyes
And she's alone again

Blue eyes
Baby's got blue eyes
Like a clear blue sky
Watching over me
Blue eyes
I love blue eyes
When I'm by her side
Where I long to be
I will see

Blue eyes laughing in the sun
Laughing in the rain
Baby's got blue eyes
And I am home, and I am home again

4 comments:

Toril said...

Beautiful!!! Need to download some Elton John to my I-Pod, that's for sure :)

Karin said...

Hello, friend! Nice weekend with Harmoni? (And when are you going to invite me to your blog? Nice touch there, hopefully I don't have to follow...)

Toril said...

You'll be invited soon, my friend ;) I just didn't have time to figure things out over the long weekend as we' have - yes - been busy with our Harmoni and suntaning, of course!!

Predators are not welcome to my blog, so had to stop the invation quickly and effectively :)

Karin said...

No, predators we don't want... Only nice people. They're aloud to their opinion of course, but we certainly don't want any impostors here...