Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Home Security

Security can mean so much, and although I think I'm not reckless with my self and risk my own safety, I don't care that mach about locking doors. Well, the front door I always lock, but the backdoor in the kitchen I often forget. And mind you, it's not that easily accessible anyway. But it can be reached, which I proved yesterday.

When I got home from the university, just in time to watch the final minutes of Friends, I found out that the key wasn't in its usual hiding place. (An arrangement we have to use while we are more people staying here than I have keys.) I immediately thought of the other door, and hoped that it was open. But how would I get there? I've seen a ladder hanging somewhere around here, on one of the buildings, and went looking for it. Found it, but it was secured with a chain and a padlock. For which I needed my house key...

Luckily enough I have friendly neighbors, so I asked for help. (See, I also need help from time to time. and I have no problem asking for it either.) Irene lent me her key and I went on the mission of "breaking" in to my own house. It all went well, but you should have seen me on the ladder... Due to certain circumstances it needed to be placed in a low steep which made it extremely wobbly. And me too... But the victorious feeling I had when I stood inside was tremendous.

No comments: