Friday, August 15, 2008

Working Girl

Last year a close friend of mine asked me if I'd be interested in a job. A job which she was offered but couldn't take, and she thought I'd be perfect for it. Back than I didn't have the time, so the excuses I really wanted to use weren't necessary to say out loud. This year she had to refuse the same job again, but now she knew I'd be looking for part-time work, and so she tried me one more time. She said straight away:

-And don't even think about making up silly excuses, unless the one from last year still applies!

How well she knows me... I said I'd be thinking about it, but somehow I knew I'd be saying yes. And besides, any problems I encounter she can help me with! Any guess what I'll be doing? I'm both terrified and excited at the same time, 'cause the next month or so I'll be holding a cooking class for kids! Wish me luck...

No comments: