Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Matter Of Degree

Last night I had a rather lengthy post almost finished, when I decided to delete it completely. Realized what I was going to tell you was old news, I just didn't want to see it actually might be true.

You see, I read this funny "What he says/What he means"-thing. Like I really didn't know that he's just not that interested when he blames his absence on too much work and other commitments? Or that he's probably not gonna call even if he said he would... So, me writing about how I felt struck by that piece seemed a little superfluous.

OK, let's move on, let's talk about something totally different. Like coffee. Always a safe topic; innocent and sweet. On the other hand, coffee can be both dark and seductive. This time it's a little of both, 'cause that's the way the beans came out when I roasted them myself. Yep, home-roasted coffee. Delicious, if you wanna know. Too bad I didn't buy that much of the raw, green beans. But there's more in the shop when I go back to Sweden next week. There I can also get some help from my father to develop and build some proper roasting equipment. Already have an idea for a hand-cranked drum-thingie to place on the gas-top. Will probably be a lot easier to control the outcome that way. And isn't that what we always aim for?

6 comments:

Toril said...

Go back to Sweden? Where are you now????

Karin said...

Well, I'm actually here in Bergen. Came back a few days ago, but I've been totally exhausted... Actually planned to stop by your office today, but as I had my daughter with me, I couldn't. How about later this week?

Toril said...

Let's plan on Thursday then as my vacation starts on Friday, and I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks! Can't wait to see you :)

Karin said...

Thursday sounds fine, maybe I can fit in a haircut as well, while I'm town

Erica said...

Nice to have you back and in contact....even for a short period of time! :) Roasting my own coffee beans is something I've never thought of doing - I'm interested now! And yes, coffee is always a safe and stressfree topic...

Karin said...

Thanks, but I'm still a little bit "off" I think... My mind is elsewhere, right now. But that's good in a way. Nice to be able to spend this time with my family.