Sunday, February 26, 2006

A World Of Music


If anything is going to get me through this it must be the music, without it I'm lost. On the other hand I have all these "contaminated" songs and artists which make me too sad at the moment. But the rescue was out there all along, I just had to discover it.

I think I mentioned the other day that I bought an Mp3-player. I soon found out that a pair of speakers would go nicely with the player, making it possible to enjoy my music in the kitchen too. A quick search let me know that there was a very practical little dockingstation with inbuilt speakers suitable for my Zen Micro. Just a tad too expensive. Surfing Creative's website for alternatives I hit the jackpot, some poor guy had made the mistake forgetting to convert the price of a speaker+Mp3-player package to Norwegian currency. In just seven days I had the whole thing delivered on my doorstep for only 145,- Nok.! (That's less than £13...) They must have realized the blunder as soon as they got my order, 'cause the offer was gone the day after. Sometimes you just get lucky.

The result is that I now have decent sound from my laptop as well, and I can take full advantage of SHOUTcast. From here I can reach a world full of music as uninfected as an Antartic Penguin.

No comments: