Monday, September 03, 2007

Going Home

My car is running again, thanks to a new battery. And though I need to take the car to the shops and do some maintenance I still drive it. Very carefully. So after today's lecture at the university I'll take my oldest daughter to IKEA; I thought I'd buy another section of Träby to fill up with books and other stuff. Like my sewing machine, as of now is sitting on the floor under the stairs, trapping dust.

It's funny with IKEA really, and maybe it's only 'cause I'm Swedish, but I believe it's very familiar. I've had IKEA furniture of some kind around me for whole my life - I think I jumped down from my first IKEA kiddie's wardrobe when I was five. (Used to make steps out of the drawers, climb to the top, and jump down again. And again. And again...)

And then there's the "cheap" lunch, which is sort of compulsory. With coffee, of course.

But the most important thing about it all, is that I'll spend a few precious hours with my daughter who is moving away in a couple of weeks. "Home" to Sweden. The land of meatballs and flat packed book cases...

No comments: