Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Swedish Meatballs

The IKEA trip was fine, but I didn't eat any meatballs. I must admit that I never do that actually. Eat meatballs at IKEA I mean. Being Swedish with a somewhat discriminating palate makes it "impossible" to enjoy the IKEA kind, or any other frozen or vacuum packed from the shops. Well, I guess that you could find some that might pass as alright; you know the type, a little pricier and "gourmet" style? But the ready made that you usually find in Sweden are too small and too hard.

I want them just like my grandmother used to make them, but that's not option as they're not available any longer, so to speak. And here in Norway it's a lot trickier to get the right ingredients, if I want to make them myself. But it can be done, and I'd love to cook up a Swedish meal and serve it the way it should be served. With beer and everything, which I also so conveniently have a few boxes of in the fridge. Directly imported from the enemy land...

No comments: