Monday, April 13, 2009

Last Day Of Easter

Lovely, lovely spring. Who can be sad on such a beautiful day? Sorry, didn't mean to be shallow or insensitive; there are many people who are sad today, for good reasons, and I even know some of them. (Hopefully I can do something to help.) I could be quite sad myself actually, but I won't let that spoil a wonderful day. Cry I can do later.

I grabbed my camera and took a little walk through the forest. Went down to the old church. Well it used to be old anyway. Originally built around 1150, moved piece by piece to Bergen in 1883, only to be burned down about 100 years later. Now there's a copy on the site.

Felt almost like a tourist myself with my Pentax, where I strolled around the building, hearing foreign languages as I passed others. And being a tourist is a fantastic excuse for silly positions to get that perfect camera angle. Or near perfect, I should say. The fence isn't only keeping arsonists out, even "photographers" like me are prevented from getting real close to the church.

Here are some of the pics...








9 comments:

Toril said...

Beautiful pictures, Karin!! I've had a wonderful day in the sun whilst polishing the sailboat :) I hope to see you soon!!!!!!

Karin said...

You will! I'll be downtown a lot this week. Got a few clients signed up already, and there might be more. But I'll make sure I have some time for you, my friend.

Erica said...

Is this the church from Lom? Anyway, might venture into this one, since the real one freaked me out too much....

Erica said...

Wonderful pictures by the way! :)

Karin said...

No, the one in Lom is still standing there...

This one is from Sogn, which is closer to Bergen. (All according to the trustworthy source Wikipedia.)

And I'm glad you liked the pictures, I've must have looked like a fool up on the hill hanging on to the fence with one arm, camera in the other. ;)

Erica said...

Yeah!!! Another die hard, 'I've got to get just the right shot' photographer! Your dedication to the art shows! :)

Karin said...

Thanks! That last pic is actually done the wrong way: facing the sun. But I think it looks kinda eerie with this "translucent" light, which works well with the naked tree, old stone cross and church.

Erica said...

Eerie is right! It's the way I 'felt' around some of these old places. The picture seems to say it all! :)

Karin said...

But it's quite funny how one can deceive with a picture like this, 'cause when I took it it was a clear and peaceful day. (As you can see on the other pics.) Nothing spooky about a 12 year old reconstructed church, well protected behind a fence and security cameras.

The cross though is the real thing, and even behind the fence it's pretty mighty.