Sunday, November 27, 2005

Empty Head

Sunday morning, and my head is empty. But I hope it's in a good way. You see, I went out last night with a friend of mine, we both decided we could use some time off from the books and papers. So we dressed up a little and caught a bus.

As this is "Christmas Party"-time people tend to get really crazy out there. The city is filled with frustrated men and women who eat too much, drink too much, commit far too much adultery and everything in between, and all on that single day of the year when their employer pays for the dinner. And some people are just as annoying as they are most days.

But don't misunderstand me here, we didn't get caught up in all that. Me and my friend are experienced enough to avoid all that commotion and found a few places where the music was low enough to let us keep a conversation going. And there we sat. Drinking a couple of beers, and laidback watched the circus. Still, beer is beer, and that's why I'm a bit emptyheaded this morning. Hopefully I can fill the emptiness with work and not all those other things that usually preoccupies my mind. Stay out today, please?!?

No comments: