Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Aiming For Perfection - Or Am I Just Plain Manic?

Perhaps I don't want to hear the answer, so if you're worried - just fetch the straight jacket.

Sometimes I "amuse" myself with reading my own old blogposts, and just as often I get this strange feeling that it wasn't me who wrote it in the first place. Probably 'cause when I write I'm so immersed I'm hardly aware of what I'm doing. I'm almost ashamed to say that I even think some of it is quite good, but there's always room for improvement. So what do I do? I edit! I can open up stuff from last year and swap an "insecure" for "anxious" just 'cause I think it works better. (Honestly?!?) How insane isn't that? I mean, no one will ever notice.

It's too bad I can't go back in those real life moments, and alter conversations I've had there.

No comments: