Thursday, January 25, 2007

Falling Head Over Heels

I did. Literally. I bought a new pair of shoes on Tuesday for a special occasion, and soon found out that they were definitely not made for Norwegian icy, slippery roads. But that evening I at least had someone to support me. Yesterday though was a completely different matter, and left on my own I carefully managed around the city, up and down stairs, holding on to anything. Railings and banisters, scaffoldings and lampposts. I succeeded to get almost all the way home, and then halfway up that ridiculously poor walkway with those uneven steps I fell. I fell straight forward holding bags in my hands, and smashed my head against the next step. I really was a sight last night, with a bump on my head the size of a quarter. Today the bump is more evened out and not noticeable where it is, hidden under my hair. I walk a bit forced though, right leg and left thigh are sort of tender and sore.

In a strange way I don't mind getting hurt like this, as long as it's not really serious. It kind of makes me feel alive. On the other hand, right now I don't need bumps and bruising to know I'm living. The blood is pumping through my veins pretty fast as it is...

2 comments:

Toril said...

Hallelujah!! Sounds like you need to shelf those ankle boots so you don't kill yourself, at least until you have someone to support you when you fall or until the rain has removed the ice and snow - which, by the way, may happen today!!

I love the little pig in the picture! In fact I love pigs in general since they are both cute and intelligent. The book I'm reading presently is actually reinforcing that empathy :)

Most of all I'm very happy to see you so happy, silly and content!!!!!

Karin said...

Yeah, I love being silly. I think it suits me...