Saturday, June 16, 2007

Daggers & Diamonds

Got a call from my mother the other day, and she told me that I shouldn't plan anything for the 30th this month (that's the day after I'll arrive in Sweden), 'cause she's planning a evening out for the family. That evening it'll mean her and her fiancé, me, my eldest daughter and my two brothers, and I really look forward to it. Just to be with them for any occasion is nice, but I expect this evening to be some extra ordinary. My mother has booked tickets for Daggers & Diamonds, "a Comedy Art Theater product where the audience is in the centre of events", at Nolhaga Castle. We will be served murder and food and have a what I'll reckon a fantastic night.



This is still a few weeks ahead, and before I leave for Sweden I plan to have another wonderful evening. No murders, just wine. Maybe something good to eat. And since I won the lottery I bought a bottle of something a little more exclusive than usual. A Villalta Amarone, which I hope will be to our satisfactory, even though it's from the lower price range (and slightly young). Amarone is made from grapes that are dried after picking, which produces a rich full-bodied wine. Yummy, I'd say.

2 comments:

Toril said...

The castle looks astonishing - lucky girl!!! I always thought a Murdery Mystery Dinner at a real castle would be fabulous, but I think I may be too afraid of the darkness and spookyness.... I may die of fright so to speak :)

The Villalta Amarone looks delicious, and I'm tempted to invest in one myself!! However, I did get a couple of bottles of some delicious and special Chianti from Toscana in Italy by my wonderful friends in Stavanger this weekend. Now, how is that for luck and happiness????

I may still invest in some Amarone, though ;)

Karin said...

Update: that Amarone was delicious, and I was also lucky enough to have a personal chef for the occasion that prepared a venison fillet to go with the wine.