Sunday, June 24, 2007

It's In The Stars

I signed up for a free personal reading at Astrology.com today. I'm curious, but not to that extent that I'll pay for the full length report at $9.95. But this is quite amazing though, just listen to these two short sections (the ones I got for free):

Section 1: How You Approach Life and How You Appear To Others
Modest, unobtrusive, and often rather quiet or shy, you are a person who is content to be in the background or to serve as an assistant, in the supporting role rather than in the lead. You are quite humble in your own assessment of yourself and you have a very strong perfectionistic attitude, with a tendency to be overly self-critical. No matter how well you do something, you always see the flaws in it and how it could be improved. Often you will simply refuse to attempt something because you feel you cannot meet your own high standards.


Most of the stuff in this section, I can see is true (Yeah, I know, you will probably say I'm everything but quiet or shy, but the truth is that I don't like to be in front, and I'm more than happy to support. As long as I can trust the people I work with, that is), and what's said in the next section I wish to believe is true:

Section 2: The Inner You: Your Real Motivation
You are a steadfast and patient soul, capable of tremendous devotion, dedication, endurance, and constancy. The ability to follow through and stick with things is one of your greatest assets. Once your course is set, you pursue it tenaciously until it is completed, stubbornly resisting any attempts to sway you from your purpose.


...but as "overly self-critical" I am, I will naturally criticize myself for not being patient enough. Now there's a catch, isn't it? But devoted? Well yes, that one is true.

6 comments:

Toril said...

PERFECT - in both sections!!! In fact, it's so perfect it's scary, and I'm inclined to believe they may have read your blog!!!

Better check out StatCounter ;)

Karin said...

Yes, it's so creepy I'm almost tempted to spend that $9.95 to see what else they have to say about me...

These are some of the other sections:

Section 4: Mental Interests and Abilities
Gain insight into the complex workings of your mind! Learn how you approach problems, and uncover your mental strengths!

Section 5: Emotions: Moods, Feelings, Romance
Are you a true romantic? Take a look at how you behave in your relationships, and reveal your potential for love!

Section 6: Drive and Ambition: How You Achieve Your Goals
Are you on the road to success? Discover the unique ways that you go after what you really want!

Section 8: Areas That Challenge You Or Are Difficult For You
Want to get ahead? Find out which obstacles are holding you back, and learn how to overcome these challenges!

Section 9: Originality and Imagination Areas Where You Are Creative, Unique, Unstable, or Compulsive
What makes you special? Explore the characteristics that make you one of a kind!

Anonymous said...

S C A R Y..... so much true!!!!
Stars, astrology or whatever - it is a good description of a beautiful person with a ditto personality.

Karin said...

You're totally nuts, you know that, sweetheart? In the best way, of course.

Why don't you find out what the stars say about you? Do you know your time of birth?

Anonymous said...

..no - sorry, I don't remember. ;) I'll ask my mother if she does. What if I find out that I'm really an as***le....

Karin said...

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Unless you fooled me completely, I can't think of anyone further from that description. Maybe you feel like one from time to time, but that's a different matter.