Friday, October 10, 2008

Anger Management

I realized something today, and that is that I find it hard to write when I'm angry. I write when I'm happy, I write when I'm sad. And at most other times too. But it seems I'm not that good with anger. A feeling I usually suppress, if I can't see the reason for it. I do know it can be used creatively; anger is a strong feeling , and even if you can't figure out why you're mad, you can still use the energy of it. A talent which I don't fully possess. So when yesterday I felt like screaming and shouting - I could even hear the words in my head - I didn't know what to do with it. Instead I'm sitting hear today, calmly analyzing my emotional state on an abstract level. Not the best way to handle it I guess. Always being rational.

Am I thinking too much? Oh yes, definitely, at times. And now I have even more people telling me that. But what the hell am I supposed to do then? (Did you notice? An expletive. Progress one might say.) I feel 'thinking' is the only thing I can do at times. But since much of my thinking sooner or later emerge in text-form anyway, I just better have to find a way to express this fury in words too. But it might take some time, 'cause my cursing never lasts long, especially when I have this fantastic Courvoisier X.O. to sooth my mind. A tiny sip and I'm quite content.

No comments: