Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cats & Cuddles

Suddenly realized that it's almost two weeks since I last posted anything here, and had that been due to a busy Holiday with lots of festivities and socializing I imagine that'd be a good sign. But my Christmas has been quite slow, even at a standstill on some days. A snowed in car with summer tires, and a diminished wallet, rather effectively takes care of any urges to dash out or splash out. So for most of the time I've been cooping here - just me and the two cats. The old one does nothing but sleep, eat and crap, but the little one is a pretty good counterbalance to that lazy old thing. The little rascal is literary everywhere; one second she's found her way to the hat rack via my coat, the next she's halfway up the curtains. When not climbing things, she's practicing her ambushing skills by leaping out of nowhere onto an unsuspecting oldster. That looks unbelievably funny by the way, as she's practically flying straight forward with all legs stretched out. Kinda like a cartoon cat.

But since I have no intention of becoming that old crazy woman with only cats for companionship, and accordingly I have to defy the obstacles and get out there regardless. Which I did on Monday, and boy am I glad I did! Much better company than a cat; less claws but just as affectionate. Definitely more fun.

And tomorrow's New Years Eve. Nothing special planned, but my son and his girlfriend are coming for dinner. Think I'll go for something simple, yet tasty. Why not a Shepherd's Pie? May sound very ordinary, but cooked with wine and the best of ingredients it's an absolute treat. And in Norway also kind of a luxury since wine, beef and Cheddar cheese can be a bit pricey. Sounds like I've made up my mind, Shepherd's Pie it is!

Happy New Year, everybody!!!

No comments: