Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ego Boosting

Gorgeous, intelligent and funny. All at once. That's me, if you didn't know it...

Went to a party last night, a very different one from the one on Thursday. That day we were just a few people; everyone know each other and we for the most part sat down and drank and talked a lot. Yesterday we were about sixty or seventy, from which I knew only two before I got there. This was the kind of party where a small group of colleagues invite their friends who in their turn invite other friends. So actually no one knew that many.

There were a few people that had a little bit too much to drink, but not me, only had two or three glasses of wine for the whole evening. And I didn't sit still either. I don't think I have danced that much for years, but how fun it is! (My ex husband always thought of dancing as a way of getting hooked up, so while married to me he didn't see the point in it.) So I danced all night, with both men and women, and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Getting attention is always nice, and when someone tells you that they find you, well, attractive, obviously that effects you somehow. But let's not get too carried away here (as I also said to one of my admirers, when getting a little too close), for me it was more than enough to hear their compliments. And when I sat down once in a while I also got this strange feeling that I wanted to go home and write about it all. It was like I was only collecting experiences for later writing. Is that weird, or what?

So here I am next day, on my own, soberly tapping away on my laptop.

Beautiful, smart, and funny...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding all those who found you "Beautiful, smart and funny" in addition to "Gorgeous, intelligent and funny". The were absolutely right.

Karin said...

Well, thank you, darling!

And I think I can handle a few more compliments like that before it gets to my head. Haven't been spoiled with such too often previously.