Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Poll

I'll let you in the results, and see if there are any surprises.

88% of you believed I walked the neighbor's dogs for money. No, did not do that. That's another gene I'm lacking - making money out of other people's predicaments. Or out of anything for that matter.

I did dance ballet, and 44 % of considered that as possible, although it might seem very unlikely today. However, I did play the violin, which only 22 % guessed. But it was almost not true, played only for half a year. (Remember my teacher calling my parents when I decided to quit; he wanted them to talk to me, to see if I would change my mind. Somehow he thought I had some talent with that thing.)

But doing my all my homework? On time? Hardly, I was lazy even then. (But I can see why 44 % of you thought I did, me being so meticulous about everything now.) The truth is though I didn't feel I needed to, 'cause I thought I knew it all anyway. Probably did, but it has left me with some serious side effects. Very poor study techniques.

I'm almost a little disappointed that so few (22 %) believed in me regarding the cross-country running. Only joking, that one is so obvious. I really do hate running, and have always done so. Even as a scrawny little kid. But I did come in second once though. (Guess how many took part in the run?)

And of course I was a girl-scout! 33 % of you agreed on that. Semper Parata!

But the last one, sucking my thumb? Why so many of you as 44 % believed I did that, I'm not sure I dare to think about. And my guess is also you have very different reasons for believing it, as well... But it is true.

No comments: