Saturday, February 02, 2008

For God's Sake - Keep It Simple!

That's what I'm telling myself, in retrospect after the most resent posts. I'm thinking poetry again, 'cause well written poetry is just that - an essence of life, where only a few words can express the most complex matters. Come to think of it, that's probably why it can be so hard to read poetry, especially if you're trying to read whole book from cover to cover, when every poem in itself is a novel.

I wouldn't say I can write poetry, but that too is something that needs practicing. And a lot of work; the image of the complete poem running through the fingers of the writer down on paper is probably not true that very often.

Poems are also good for reuse; due to its ambiguity a poem can be interpreted in many ways, each and every right just at that moment. I'm even tempted to do a rerun of my own poetry attempts here, there are one or two that still express what I feel, although not the same as when I first wrote them. And it's so much easier then to find new words.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Sometimes keeping it simple just isn't enough...some thoughts or feelings need time to really develop and reveal themselves.

I've been so busy with my research I haven't even had time to put two thoughts together - on anything other than chickens that is! I hope I'll get back to blogging or at least commenting once in awhile. I feel so out of touch!

Karin said...

Well, I envy you. I'd really love to be totally absorbed in my academic writing for a change. Afraid I've spent too much time lately "developing my thoughts and feelings". And to no use, as it seems now. Maybe I'll understand better later.