Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Princess And The Pea

Yesterday I woke up as I said very much alive, bit I didn't mention my sore back, did I? Now why should I? I have been complaining enough lately, so I figured I'd hold that information back. Today though it's worse, and now my neck is stiff as well. I thought I'd make a funny story out of it somehow and searched the net for ideas. Googling "sore back stiff neck" gets you mostly links to various online medical sites, and I visited one and read about causes:

A common cause of neck pain is muscle strain or tension. Usually, everyday activities are to blame. Such activities include bending over a desk for hours, having poor posture while watching TV or reading, placing your computer monitor too high or too low, sleeping in an uncomfortable position, or twisting and turning the neck in a jarring manner while exercising.

Traumatic accidents or falls can cause severe neck injuries like vertebral fractures, whiplash, blood vessel injury, and even paralysis.

Other causes include herniated disk, fibromyalgia (pain syndrome throughout the body), and arthritis. Meningitis, although much less common, can cause significant neck stiffness.


Should I contact them and let them know that their information doesn't seem to be complete? Nothing there did apply to my case really. But I rather did like the sound of their suggestions for Home Care: "Have a partner gently massage the sore or painful areas."

No comments: