Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dead Beat

I've been carrying bags and boxes, beds and furniture for a week now, and I'm still not done. Starting to see the end of it though, at least the emptying part. When the old flat is ready to hand over I'll still have the unpacking in the new one to do... Well, for tonight I couldn't care less, and right now I'm just enjoying a quiet night in front of the TV.

On one of the channels I caught a glimpse of an Elvis Costello show where Lou Reed was a guest. There they performed "Perfect Day" together. Long time since I had one myself, but the song is still beautiful, and this version I think was perfect too.



I try to do a little sorting out as well, now as I'm moving. It's a really good feeling to get rid of old crap, but it takes quite a long time checking everything. Especially when some findings lead to writing lengthy blogposts like this one. In one drawer I found a print-out of an email I sent my cousin back in 2001. Still funny so I'm sharing it with you. Consider how old it is you might have read it before.

When I was 14, I hoped that one day I would have a boyfriend.

When I was 16 I got a boyfriend, but there was no passion. So I decided I needed a passionate guy with a zest for life.

In college I dated a passionate guy, but he was too emotional. Everything was an emergency; he was a drama queen, cried all the time and threatened suicide. So I decided I needed a boy with stability.

When I was 25 I found a very stable guy but he was boring. He was totally predictable and never got excited about anything. Life became so dull that I decided I needed a boy with some excitement.

When I was 28 I found an exciting boy, but I couldn't keep up with him.He rushed from one party to another, never settling on anything. He did mad impetuous things and flirted with everyone he met. He made me miserable as often as happy. He was great fun initially and very energetic, but directionless. So I decided to find a boy with some ambition.

When I turned 31, I found a smart ambitious boy with his feet planted firmly on the ground so I moved in with him. He was so ambitious that he dumped me and took everything I owned.

I am older now and am looking for a guy with a very big dick.

5 comments:

Libertè ;) said...

As you are well aware of, I've always been impressed by your writing skills.
This one I found interesting at first - became peculiar for the progress, and the end - and bursted out laughing by the punch line. You never stop surprising me.
Keep looking.... ;)

Libertè ;) said...

...Sorry - exhange peculiar with curious...

Karin said...

Sorry to disappoint you, and I didn't try to mislead anyone intentionally, but this mail wasn't written by me. So for the writing skills I can only take credit for the first part.

Anyway, I'm glad I can still surprise anyone. To be honest I feel all too predictable.

But keep looking? Is there any point, really? What good does it to find a treasure if it's not for me to keep...

Erica said...

That may be true, but I can honestly say - I'm glad I found the treasure....even if it was only for a short period of time! :)

Karin said...

"Better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all." Isn't that what they say? Don't think I should go into this tonight... ;) Too drained right now.