Friday, June 27, 2008

Free Lunch



About three years ago I wrote a story about a poor bloke who found out for himself that "there's no such thing a free lunch". But hopefully there is, 'cause yesterday me and my father was treated to one at this fabulous place called Pannrummet (The Boiler Room). Situated in an old factory building, and carefully restored, they serve lunch every working day as well as offering the premises for hire for private functions. They also got Gothenburgh's only pub brewery which they're rightfully quite proud of. Since I'm on it I'd like to tell what we had, just to tempt you:

Steamed halibut served on a bed of carefully panfried carrots and onions, topped with spinage cooked in a white sauce, and new potatoes on the side. Sounds delicious, right? It was a very nice meal indeed, and I really can't see how this one could backfire...

4 comments:

Erica said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! And yes, I'm VERY tempted! :) I'm still working toward my dream of continuing my studies in Sweden next year...then I can sample the fine fair for myself!!!!

My work in the barn is complete for now, I can finally pop my head out of the dust and see what's been happening in the world for the last 2 months. Things went well and we managed to get everything done on schedule. My birds are gone and I only have one more hatch to go. Those birds will be raised and then processed like broilers usually are. That means only 3 days of actual barn work for the whole summer. The rest of my time will be spent working on my thesis.

Have fun on your holiday, I love reading your updates! Now that I have time to breathe a bit I can actually start to contribute to the conversations once again!

Karin said...

Welcome back!

Although the rest of the world may have evolved somehow, I'm not sure I'm following the same pace. Seems I'm still repeating certain patterns, but I do have some problems to recognize them, and see where I should break them.

Look forward to the day you travel overseas, maybe you can put some sense in to my head?

Erica said...

Hey, still trying to find some 'sense' myself!!! ;) I'm working on it though and I'm sure it will be a life long journey - one, I must admit, I'm looking forward to!

You'll get there, relax and when you do fall into that little cycle again, try not to be too hard on yourself; it all works out in the end!

Karin said...

You're probably right, but I just wonder how far away that end is really? To me now it's seems like a mirage; the closer I get the more it feels like an illusion. Well, one thing is for sure anyway, I'm still the same cynic...