Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sea And Sardinia

How I love when everything makes sense, even though it might be a temporary illusion. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Tomorrow I'll be going away for a week, 'cause I have a fantastic mother who decided to treat her children with a holiday. Her children are now almost grown up at 40, 45 and 50, but we're doing our very best to stay young in mind. I think we're quite successful at that as well. Anyway, we're going to Sardinia, and I thought I'd post to the blog just once more before I'll leave.

As usual I have some ideas, or some sort of inspiration, on how and what about to write, but nothing is ever set from the beginning. Strange things and coincidenses happen all time, and are fantastic sources for my ponderings. This day has given me a few already, but the clue is to connect them all; ideas, thoughts, everyday events and peculiar incidents. If I'm able to do that, and moreover, put it in writing, I get this tremendous good feeling - ah, it fits!

So, searching the web for a suitable picture to accompany my Sardiniapost I came across this one, ready with the quote and everything:



It turns out D.H. Lawrence and his wife spent a week or so on Sardinia, and he then wrote a travelbook - Sea and Sardinia. The quote from this book hit me like a sudden wind, whirling up some forgotten desires. Liked that. "...Strong and wonderful chords awake in us, and vibrate again after many years of complete forgetfulness..." Yeah, really liked that.

Lost myself there for a moment, almost forgot what I was about to do here, and so there won't be a smart and effective closure to this post as I intended. Sardinia next! A week of relaxation, and expectations, nice food and wine, and long walks and talks in warm evenings. And let there be music; if nothing else, always the music.

No comments: