Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Labelling

I know by now that's it's not advisable to wish for things without careful consideration, 'cause you might get it! And then usually in a way that makes you regret the wish in the first place. So when I for a second wished for a sick note, I took it back straight away. But I just wanted a little peace and quiet, and I have a friend who a couple of years ago broke a leg and said to me: "I recommend one of these! I have never relaxed so much in a long time. Now I can read all day, and everyone else is waiting up on me." After six weeks she was ready to go back to work, fully restored, both physically and mentally. There's a huge difference though. She had a job, and obviously got paid when she was on sick leave. And more important, she had a devoted husband and family in the house. I think I better stay whole.

So now as I have overcome this mornings crying, I'm sitting here at the University labelling old blog posts. It seems like I do a lot of pondering about being human, mainly using metaphors. There are not so many posts labelled odd things, but actually most posts could be, 'cause to me being human is quite an odd thing.

As with most things, there are more than one aspect to labelling ones posts. On one hand, both prospective readers and myself could find posts belonging to a certain theme or field of interest. But on the other hand, that only works if the posts are labelled correctly. And what is that anyway? The funny? label is usually quite an easy one, 'cause these posts are mainly silly jokes and stories I get via E-mail. But what about travel? That could be from a trip from abroad, or sometimes I just travel into my mind. That last one should probably be something else then; frustrations or dreams maybe. Or even an experiment.

You see what I mean? Still chaos, although it looks more organized.

No comments: