Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Painting The Fence

I complained the other day about the challanges with writing. Said something like "It's not like doing boring chores, which you know how to do. Writing requires inspiration! And if you don't have it you might as well do something else." This is not entirely true. I have an analysis to write, and I kept waiting for the bright thoughts and enthusiasm to emerge. They didn't but I still have to write the #¤%&?* thing. But you see, I realize I have a bucket of words. I have my pencil-like brush, and there's a screen to fill. It's like any other tedious job - just have to roll up my sleeves and get on with it. I can do this. Painting pictures I can do in my spare time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe reading your post about the bucket of words, a paint brush, and a screen to fill has given me a wonderful kick in the butt, almost a feeling of epiphany!!! I've had a very constructive day, and I can actually see and even feel optimism regarding my master thesis.

Other life issues are not applicable since life is wonderful!!! Most of the time, anyways ;)

Karin said...

I'm so glad to hear that, and making just one person happy makes me happy too. Have to go back to my paper now, see you soon.