Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jazz It Up, Russchki! It's Springtime.

I had my first exam today, and that in Discrete Mathematics. I love to say that, it sounds so impressive. Tell you a secret? It probably isn't. But anyway, I think I did all right; think I'll pass, and that's all I can ask for now. Usually I set my standards a bit higher, but for reasons which are of no public interest, this won't go for this particular course. End of topic.

The next one is so much nicer. I bought a CD yesterday, and it's remarkable how something that old can sound so new and fresh. Sadly Jan Johansson died only 37 years old in a car accident, and this recording is from 1968. I didn't know that much of his music when I grew up, funny enough I had to come to Norway and be taught by a Norwegian about Swedish music. Oh well, I probably have taught him a thing or two...

As I said to him; no matter what, there's always the music.

No comments: